Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Assateague Island

Hi!

As you may have read I went to Assateague Island a couple nights ago, it was so neat! For anyone who doesn't know what it is, I'll explain a bit. It's an island on the eastern shore of Maryland that's actually a state park. There are no hotels, stores, etc. It has nice large beaches and wild ponies everywhere. You aren't allowed to touch the ponies or feed them, but they are so used to people and tame. Once you go over "Rainbow Bridge" onto the island, there were immediately ponies to greet you. About six of them! Crossing the road and eating grass on the side. They can be on the beaches, in the bushes, anywhere! We also saw a small buck deer but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture.  Anyways, enjoy my pics! If you ever come to Maryland, this is a must see place.

 
{This is what we see when we first get over Rainbow Bridge}
 
 


{This guy just kept coming for me, I thought he wanted some love,
but I followed the rules and did not touch :) This was the closest I got}
 
 
{The sun was beautiful during our 1/2 mile walk through the woods. This photo has not been edited except to say the name of the blog.}

 
{On the beach with my "baby"}
 
 
{Sun went down over the bay}
 
 
 
 
{Apparently this was a prop in "Jaws" and no, I couldn't help myself, haha}


No comments:

Post a Comment