Monday, October 8, 2012

Shredding Chicken with a Hand Mixer

This is yet another tip I found floating around Pinterest. I was really intrigued by it and finally tested it out a few weeks ago. I've been making a lot of chili and soups lately in my crockpot. Well, a lot of the recipes have you throw the chicken in frozen or thawed, either way it is uncooked. So you pull it out 4 or so hours later to shred it, well it is HOT! Normally what I do it put it in a strainer and have cold water running over it while I shred it. That way it cools it off while I use my hands to shred it and I don't get burned. Well, let me tell you, this is even better. I don't cool it off. I don't rinse it off. I literally take it out (with tongs, because I'm a wuss), plop it in a bowl, plug the mixer in, and go to town. I never even touch it. It's wonderful. I use my lowest setting to do it, but I have a super cheap mixer that goes pretty fast even on the lowest setting.

Don't believe me? A picture is worth a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment