Sunday, October 14, 2012

13 Halloween Cupcake Ideas

I love cupcakes. I mean, who doesn't love cupcakes? An individual serving of cake wrapped in an adorable piece of paper, it can be decorated simply or elaborately. You can make them into monkey faces, robots, baseballs, or a baby face. Or anything else really. There are a TON of amazingly cute designs to make cupcakes fit into any kind of party theme imaginable. Today I gathered 13 of the cutest and most fun cupcake designs for Halloween. You could make a batch of cupcakes and try all of them and do a few creative ones of your own, or you could make a batch of one design. You can't go wrong.

13. Evil Cupcakes- this one may be the cutest one out there. Or at least I think it is when you calculate in simplicity. I can't tell how they made theirs, but if it were me, I would make and ice the cupcake regular, no fancy piping or anything. You could use any kind of icing in my opinion also. Put some Oreo's in the food processor and sprinkle them ontop so that they're completely covered. Put two M&Ms on top on their side, so you make a pair of "evil" eyes. So easy, and sooo cute!

12. Tombstone Cupcakes - This links to Martha Stewart. She has a recipe on there for a specific kind of cupcake and frosting, in my opinion, I don't think it matters. If you want to use it, great, if not, use the same idea at #13, sprinkle crushed up Oreo's on top. You can get a graham cracker quarter and pipe "R.I.P." on it and stick it in one end. Super cute, and still easy.

11. Candy Corn Cupcakes - These are so cute and simple. A little more work because you're dying the batter, but it's still not bad. Very cute effect too. I don't know about you but my cupcake liners always get see-through anyways so you might as well have a fun cupcake underneath!

10. Polka Dot Cupcakes - Have you ever made really yummy cupcakes, decided to decorate them and pipe some polka dots on them, only to have them not turn out right? I know I have, as in, like 3 nights ago. It was pretty frustrating to go through all the work of making them and having a vision in your mind of how they'll turn out and them not look that way. Well fear no more, just pop some M&Ms on there. Yes, you read that right, and I know, I wish I'd thought of it sooner too. Check out the link for some great inspiration.

9. Cupcakes Topped with a Witch Hat - You have to scroll a bit down the page to see the picture, just a heads up. I was afraid I had a bad link up. Anyways, these are super cute and super easy. You could do chocolate cupcakes, with mint flavored frosting. Get a Grasshopper Cookie put a dab of frosting on it and stick a Hershey's Kiss on there. Plop it on the cupcake and voila! I did this the other night and it turned out really cute. Only I didn't have a Grasshopper Cookie, I had Oreo's so I just split on in half cause I didn't want a white line. The link shows a picture with orange frosting, I like green frosting better, because I think it's pretty classic for witches to have green skin. :)

8. Vampire Cupcakes - This link wont take you to a tutorial, just a picture. But it's a really cute picture. The whole idea is to make the cupcake look like a vampires face. So you pipe hair on, it looks like a small star tool to me, doing the widow's peak in the front. You can put little eyes on (they sell edible eyes already made for this sort of project at Wal Mart for a few dollars), pipe a smile or frown or something, and don't forget some fangs. Just a tip, you will probably need a pretty small round tip for the mouth, unless you use some sort of small, thin, rope candy. If it's not small enough it will create a big blob of a mouth, I know because I tried, lol. Also, you may need to add some powdered sugar to your frosting recipe to get nice peaks from the star tool.

7. Monster Cupcakes - If you only check out one website posted here, please let it be this. It has great instructions on some cupcakes that look like they would be way more difficult. They look straight out of a magazine (They probably are)! Using big marshmellows for eyes and candy to help decorate, you get a great result.

6. Skeleton Cupcakes - They frosted a cupcake normally and added candy on and shaped the candy like a skeleton. You could also pipe it on with a small end if you don't want to get the candy for it. They used a candy I didn't know what was, but maybe I'm just a weirdo. It could happen. :P

5. Mummy Cupcakes - These look like they would be really easy. Just pipe on white frosting to look like the wrappings of a mummy. You use a weaving tip for this.

4. Eye Cupcake - These also seem pretty simple. Just make the cupcake into a big eye ball. You use white frosting first. Pipe on the color surrounding the pupil, pipe the pupil on (you could even use a chocolate chip or some other small round dark candy), and pipe red lines going outwards. I don't have all the technical terms, and I'm too tired to google them (that's what a super curious 20 month old does to you), sorry. 

3. Pumpkin Cupcake - I don't believe this has a how-to. If I were doing it, I would frost it orange, while frosting use downward strokes so you have the lines going the proper way. These aren't going to be fancy lines, just ones that naturally occur when frosting, unless you are trying to make them not happen. Anyways, pipe a small leave at the top in green, and a stem in black. You could use a candy for the leaf or some sort of sprinkle even.

2. Witch Leg Cupcake - This one also doesn't have a how-to from what I could tell. It's a shame too because they're really cute. I think it said they used striped straws for the legs and just applied paper cut out shoes. So I guess it's not all edible, but they're really cute.

1. Brain/Intestine Cupcakes - This doesn't have a link because, well you're here. This is one I thought of while making cupcakes the other night. I have a small piping tip, not really small, a good size for writing words, and I had some extra red in the bag. Then it hit me, if I squirted it all out it would look like brains. That was what I was going for, and I think it looked pretty cute. I think it looks like intestines more, but I had other people tell me they thought brains. If you want to do it brains, I would divide it by hemispheres, to make it more obvious. But it was incredibly easy and I think it was a nice kind of gross effect.

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment