Friday, October 12, 2012

Pizza Disaster

When I started this blog, I wanted it to be real. I wanted to give honest opinions about recipes and projects and give honest tips on how to do crafty and creative things easier without breaking the bank. Well, this is a good opportunity to be honest. I tried a recipe for a pizza dough after having lost my normal one I like a lot. Anyways, this seemed similar enough to the one I normally use, I figured it was close enough and would work. After following the directions exactly, I found the dough was really sticky. I couldn't use it like this, it was sticking to my hand every which way, so I kneaded some more flour in, maybe a cup or two. The recipe made enough for two pizzas so I froze one half of it. My mom has always made homemade pizza on a cookie sheet, so it was a big rectangle. That's what I always do also, makes me feel at home. :) So I greased the pan up, just like I have always done, and start stretching the dough. It was really difficult, more difficult then usual. But I stuck with it. When I got it to fit over the whole thing, I popped it in the oven at the temperature I was told to bake it at. I put it in there without any toppings first to get the dough to cook a bit more (this is what I normally do). Well, when it came out we could hardly get the edges off the sheet. It was terrible! I was so upset! I had already spread the pizza sauce and some of the cheese on before my husband got the ingenious idea to make sure it would even come off. So this is what we were left after that disaster.


I was so frustrated I left the kitchen and told my husband to fix it. And fix it he did. Okay maybe not the mess above, because that is just insanity, but he got the half of the dough I froze and put it on our pizza pan. He found online a tip of putting parchment paper underneath so it doesn't stick. Seriously. How ingenious is that? I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it. So thank goodness for husbands. I was ready to let us have PB&J for dinner. The dough wasn't the greatest taste though. I won't be making it again, parchment paper or not.





No comments:

Post a Comment