Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers Review/Tweeking

Who doesn't love Cheesesteaks? I grew up close to Philly, so when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. I followed mostly everything she did, just with my own tweeks. I used three green bell peppers, halved. I used one large sweet onion and a small container of fresh baby bella mushrooms. I used 8 slices of provolone cheese, and I ran out so I used a little bit of cheese I had on hand, which was a mexican blend, and it tasted fine. You'd never have known it.









One of the things I did differently then her was to make it with Steak-Umm's instead of roast beef. Being someone who grew up so close to the "real deal," I couldn't do roast beef. I'm sure thats healthier then what I did, and I'm sure it tastes great, but I chose to mix it up a bit. If I had more time I would have done something more authentic then Steak-Umm's, but I was short on time and they are quick.









Another thing I did, which I don't know if she mentioned or not, was I baked the green peppers in the oven empty for about 10 or 15 minutes before hand so the pepper would be cooked a bit before I added everything in. I thought it added a nice touch. 







Overall, I thought they were really good. My hubby has already requested them again. :) This is a good option for someone who wants to cut out the bread. And there you go! Enjoy!



Until next time,

BBNO








No comments:

Post a Comment