Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Subway Art How To

I've seen these Subway Art things floating around on Pinterest. To be honest, I'm not crazy about them in general, but I think if you want to display a quote in your home, this is a fun modern way to do it. I've always loved the song, "I Believe in Christ," especially the quote in it "I believe in Christ, so come what may." I have always thought it was really inspiring and uplifting, so I decided to try a subway art with it. I spray painted an old picture frame a few weeks back and I've still been searching for the right thing to go in it.  I figured I would just combine the two projects and viola! This is what I ended up with.






I chose to do it in a bright red so it would fit in well with Christmas decor. Even though this is something I can have in  my house year round, I love the idea of displaying it somewhere special for the Christmas season.

Okay, now the fun part. The How-to. Okay so here is my secret (this is probably not how 99.9% of people do this, but it worked for me...), I used "Paint." I tried using other programs, but it didn't work so well for me. So I pretended I was 5, and I went over to paint. I inserted text, chose the font and size (which by the way, go bigger then you think you need to. I ended up redoing this because I did waaaay too small) and color. After I was happy with the way the words looked (I did this one word at a time. It will help you create your next word), I used the cut and paste tool to place it where I wanted it. I was able to stretch or shrink it, make it longer or wider then what it was originally. For example, the "BELIEVE" was actually wider, but I wanted it to be the same heighth as the "I" so I just stretched it to be a bit taller. And there you go, easy peasy!

(This picture is from my cell phone, so the quality is poor, but surprisingly the colors are more realistic)

Let me know how yours turn out!

Until next time,

BBNO



Please note, I do not own the lyrics to this song or this phrase.




No comments:

Post a Comment