Tuesday, March 12, 2013

30 Day Shred Update

So I am supposed to be about 20 days through the 30 Day Shred by now. If you have been following along you would have seen that I haven't lost any weight pounds wise, but I have seen improvement inches wise. My results are still pretty consistent with my last post that you can find HERE

About day 12 the top of my knee started really bothering me. It would hurt mostly during the jump rope part and afterwards when I went to sit down. I used to run in high school and got a knee injury that I still have issues with today, but this was a little different. Just in case, I decided to ice it and wrap it up like I used to in my running days. I gave it a few more tries, and if it hurt I just would do a different cardio move that didn't bother me so much. I was planning on doing this for the rest of the 30 days. Well about day 15 my son caught croup. For the past 5 days he hasn't let me put him down, so I haven't been able to do the shred like I've wanted too. I took this opportunity to rest my knee and try and recover. I have done her Yoga Meltdown about three times in the past 5 days to be easy on my knee and still get some exercise in. Plus my son thinks the poses are funny, so I get a bit more time this way. ;)

So instead of being on day 20 I'm kind of paused on day 15. :/ I'm honestly really bummed about this and it's been pretty hard on me. I have actually cried a few times because I want to work out and haven't been able too. Yes, I cried because I wanted to work out. Sounds crazy huh? Well, that's the biggest change I've noticed during this process. It's changed my attitude towards working out. I originally wanted to see what kind of results you could get just doing the shred, so I wasn't trying to alter my diet or anything for the 30 days. I have found that I am actually having a hard time with this because I want to eat better. I want to make a salad instead of going out. I know this sounds crazy, but this is just what I've found. It's really helped me to be motivated to make positive changes in my life. 

So I am adding on a week to the shred results. I was originally going to post up my results on March 22, so I am now going to post them March 29th. I am really hoping to see some major improvements, despite my set backs. If not, at least I've gotten a little healthier and stronger for other work out programs, which I do intend on trying.


SO stay tuned and come back in two weeks to check out the results! I'm excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment