Monday, March 25, 2013

5 Easter Sunday Sharing Time Ideas

This Sunday is Easter!! I can't believe it is already here, I have literally done nothing to prepare yet. This week also happens to be week 5 of March, so we get to be super creative. I've been thinking about some fun things to do this week involving Easter. I've listed a few ideas below.  You can even combine a couple ideas and do one half an Easter egg hunt and the other half a craft or whatever you feel like. Feel free to comment if you have a fun idea you would like to pass along.

1. Easter Egg Hunt-  This was actually a tradition in our branch up until the last year or two. The presidency would fill the eggs with candy and hide them outside in the bushes and grass and would let the kids find them. You can even color code the eggs for age group. For example tell the older kids they are only allowed to grab the pastel colored eggs, or the green and blue eggs, etc. This way the little kids get to find eggs to and it's all equal. If you don't want to fill them with candy, you can fill them with little prizes like erasers, stickers, rings, etc.

2. Movie with snacks- Bring a big blanket and provide popcorn and juice while they watch a movie. You could do something like Veggie Tales or maybe a movie about Easter. Turn the lights off to make it extra fun.

3. Make a Paper Plate Tombstone Craft- I found the idea here. These are seriously so cute, and they look so EASY. We don't get to do this sort of thing in Sharing Time very often, it is nice to branch out a bit and do something different. It's worth a click over. :) I found another craft here that is similar, but you don't use a paper plate. One less thing to buy :)

4. Play Matching Game - Primary Style - My mom made this game for her primary years ago, and her kids loved it. I have a full explanation of the game here.

5. Easter Trivia - I found this game from Martha Stewart that looks so adorable. You blow up balloons and stick a piece of paper with a question on it inside the balloon. Each child gets to pop a balloon and has to answer the question. All you have to do is make the questions about Easter and make sure you have enough balloons!


Have a Happy Easter everyone! I have a lot to get done before Sunday, I hope everyone else planned better then I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment