Tuesday, August 27, 2013

M&M's Can Teach Us Something...

M&M's are delicious. We have awesome teachers/choristers/piantist etc. in Primary. Can these two things be combined? Absolutely!


 

I'm sure you've seen this poem on Pinterest,if not here it is:

Green is for the inspiration you give to me each day.
Blue is for your patience in showing me the way.
Orange is for your warmth and caring style.
Yellow is for the way you can always make me smile.
Red is for my life that you have touched this year. You’re a very special teacher just like this jar, that’s clear!
You place knowledge in your children’s hands and
melt into their hearts and lives forever.
You’re a “Magnificent” and “Marvelous” teacher!
Thank you for being my M&M!


This doesn't really work for Primary though. So I thought of a different idea, along the same lines. The colors represent characteristics that make up an awesome teacher.

Red is for the love they show their children each week. We know lessons are taught best when taught with love.
Blue is a calming color and can represent patience that is so necessary certain weeks. ;)
Yellow is for a cheerful attitude that makes the children love to come and learn each week.
Orange is for creativity, as sometimes we need to be creative to get lessons across.
Green is for righteousness. (Think green behind the CTR shield.)
Brown is the same inside and out, therefore it is genuine or sincere.

I wanted to make a thank you note using this, but have not gotten around to it yet. So I just read this aloud while holding up each color M&M. I am hoping to have one made in the next week or so. So check back!

For the thank you gift I got hot & cold cups that had m&m faces on them, and put four fun size packs of m&ms in each one. That way they got a variety of flavors. :)
 

I got these cups at WalMart, they are being discounted down, so if you happen to miss them, I'm sure you can get them online. Or use solid colored ones. If you want to do a thank you for a teacher at school, use the first poem, for church, use the other version of colors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment